Thursday, January 27, 2011

Difference Between Folliculitis And Herpes

Occupation Gelabert, Monica Pedemonte

This doll is mine
I found
lost in a minefield in Vietnam,
was alone in a Jewish house
of a suburb of Hamburg
the thirty-ninth year, was for

niece of this soldier died
of the International Brigades,
that he studied at Oxford
and never seen again.
I assure you it was not Barbie
or Mariquita Perez.
I know it's mine,
because it had eyes, he lost

in Sarajevo and I added some small
a tin soldier
of the First World War.

I belong because I had no heart
smashed it
in the Plaza de Mayo,
and I lent him mine.



(Veronica Pedersen, Rim Voices, Poetry and conflict . Fundación Juan Ramón Jiménez, Moguer, Huelva, 2001)


Veronica Pedemonte Morillo-Velarde, author of English nationality, was born in Montevideo . linguist and psychologist exercises journalism. Among his many awards count: International Prize for Poetry Gerardo Diego, (2000), International Award of Kutxa Irun (2002), finalist for the International Mellilla City 2004, First Prize Second Prize International City of Palms ( 2005), among others . He has participated in various Anthologies. Source: The Blog Silvia Loustau

Source: Unusual, walking on the wild side of literature
Illustration

0 comments:

Post a Comment